Getting up close and personal with a massive humpback whale is an awe-inspiring experience and one you will neither forget nor tire of telling the storey to friends.
One of the world's largest creatures, the Humpback whale is amongst the most revered animals throughout history, first for it’s bounty in the dark days when humans hunted them for oil, and now for the sheer grace and beauty of such an enormous creature.
Australia is truly blessed to have magnificent Humpback whales grace it's calm and crystal clear waters, where they feed and raise their young during their winter migration.
The annual winter migration of the mighty humpback whales begins in late July and ends around early November each year and is the perfect time to celebrate these magnificent sea mammals.
There's no better place to experience their playful antics and awesome size than up close on a whale watching cruise in the sanctuary of Australia's whale watching capital - Hervey Bay.
There are many operators in the Hervey Bay area that offer great whale watching cruises at very reasonable rates, below are just some of them.
Please note that prices and contact details below are correct for the 2010 season as at the time of writing but are subject to change without notice so please contact each provider to ensure accuracy.
Blue Dolphin Tours
Exclusive Full Day Whale Deal
Adult $115, Child $85, Family $350 (2+2)
• Hervey Bay's most experienced marine mammal operator - 25 years
• Exclusive full day tour, only 24 passengers
• Superior sailing catamaran
• Modern stable vessel with full walk around decks and shaded seating
• Morning, afternoon tea and buffet lunch with complimentary drink included
• In water whale experience platform & hydrophone
• Multi-lingual crew
• Courtesy bus available
Phone: 07 4124 9600
Mobile: 0412 749 600
Accommodation Hervey Bay
Adult- $110 | Child- $70 | Family- $330
• Low passenger numbers (max 36)
• Being ‘up close and personal’ with the whales
• Full walk around deck
• Super stability
• No frills….just thrills!
Dawn Patrol: 7.00 – 10am
Day patrol: 10.30 - 1.30pm
Dusk Patrol: 2.30 – 5.30pm
Valid from 17/07/2010 until 31/10/2010 Awesome Adventure will not be held responsible for weather conditions that have affect on the cruise or for any loss, or damage that may take place.
Phone: 07 4128 9387
Tollfree: 1800 653 775
Freedom Whale Watch
Unique ¾ day Whale Watch Encounter
$120 per adult
• 3 levels of uninterrupted viewing + water level platform to get you closer to the whales
• More time spent with the whales
• Low passenger numbers
• Delicious home-baked morning tea, tropical buffet lunch, fruit & cheese platter for afternoon tea
• Complimentary water and soft drink, tea and coffee
• Courtesy transfers from your accommodation
Tours begin: 24/07/10 until 07/11/10 Guaranteed sightings: 06/08/10 to 23/10/10 or a free return trip. Block out date 11/09/10.
Phone: 07 4125 1996
Tollfree: 1300 879 960
Hotels Hervey Bay
Hervey Bay Whale Watch Quick Cat II
Half day cruises: Adult- $110, Concession- $100, Child- $60, Family- $290
• Now with 4 viewing decks.
• Morning Cruise 7am – 12pm or Afternoon cruise 1pm – 5pm
• Complimentary lunch & afternoon tea
• Advanced Eco certification
• Wheelchair and pram access
• All trips GUARANTEED
• Free children’s activity booklet
• personalized DVD available
Super Pass- Adult $149, Child (4-14): $99
• Morning whale watch cruise
• Light breakfast, morning tea & afternoon tea
• Ranger guided nature walk on Fraser Island
Valid from 01/08/2010 to 31/10/2010 Terms and conditions Hervey Bay Whale Watch will not be held responsible for weather conditions that may have an affect on the cruise. Or be held responsible for any loss, or damage that may take place.
Phone: 07 4128 9611
Mobile: 0417 604 736
Tollfree: 1800 671 977
Hervey Bay Hotels
Mikat Whale Cruises
¾ day tour with free BUFFET LUNCH and guaranteed whales or a free return trip.
• Cruise departs at 9.00am and returns at 2.30pm with free pick up from Hervey Bay accommodation.
• Underwater camera and hydrophone (weather permitting).
• 20 meters of ocean going luxury with 2 superb viewing decks, just great for photos and video.
• 19 years of whale watching experience in Hervey Bay.
• Fully licensed
Phone: 07 4125
Mobile: 0429 619 658
Tollfree: 1800 644
Hervey Bay Holiday Accommodation
Shayla Sailing Cruises
Child (Age 4-14yrs) $80
Family (2x2) $340
• Full Day Whale Sail from $110 per person.
• 360o views, even from undercover area.
• Low numbers with 24 passengers max, no crowds.
• Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea included.
• 8am departure, 4pm return (approx).
• Fully licenced bar.
• We also offer Fraser Island/Whale watch tour packages, or Sail Fraser Island cruises, special charters or corporate functions all year round.
Mobile: 0418 185
Hervey Bay Rental Accommodation
Spirit of Hervey Bay Whale Watching Cruises
• Newest boat in fleet
• The most viewing area of any boat, so much room to move
• Unforgettable encounters with the mighty humpback
• Free souvenir DVD
• Amazing NEW waterline viewing platform
• Underwater viewing rooms
• Kids activities
• Morning/afternoon tea
• Money back guaranteed sightings (8/8 – 10/10)
• Fast, stable, luxurious vessel
• Great fun for all ages
Valid for travel from late July to early November 2010.
Phone: 07 4125 5131
Mobile: 0438 751 567
Tollfree: 1800 642 544
Tasman Venture Whale Watching - Fraser Island Tours - Fishing
½ day tour from $105
• Under water viewing windows and 4 viewing decks
• Friendly & accredited staff who provide expert commentary
• Morning & afternoon tea
• FREE whale Watch DVD
• Multi lingual staff and info
• Free pick up & return bus from Hervey Bay
Travel validity period:17/07/10 until 01/11/10.
To make an enquiry or a booking contact:
Phone: 07 4124 3222
Tollfree: 1800 620 322
Hervey Bay Accommodation
Combinine a whalesong whale watch cruise with a fraser island company one day safari or one day exclusive tour and save.
From $266 for adults, $154 for children, $250 for seniors, $779 per family (2a + 2c) Includes:
• Transfers from hervey bay accommodation.
• Gourmet meals.
• Expert commentary.
• Guaranteed whale sightings.
• Low passenger numbers.
• Award winning companies.
• We love & care about what we do, so we do it well.
Available during “whale season” mid july to early november. Subject to availability. (definite start & finish dates depend on the whales) Not available with any other offer. Prices valid 2010.
Phone: 07 4125 6222
Mobile: 0438 731 797
Tollfree: 1800 689 610