Oktoberfest Brisbane 2010 looks like being an even bigger success than the 2009 Oktoberfest Brisbane, if the activities and featured events are anything to go by.
This year over 30,000 people are expected to attend the largest and most authentic Oktoberfest celebrations held in Australia.
Brisbane Oktoberfest this year is run over two weekends at the RNA Showgrounds from 8-10 October and 15-17 October.
• An authentic "Oompah" band flown directly from Germany
• 'Alpenrosen' dance troupes
• Cow bell ringers
• Yodeller 'Heidi'
• A traditional beer hall
• Appearances by personalities from Network Ten Kids' programs
• An animal farm
• Traditional German puppet theatre, or 'Leierkastenmann'
• Goal shooting competitions
• Face painting and lots of carnival rides
The popular 'Miss Oktoberfest' and 'Bavarian Strongman' competitions also appear set to return with judges seeking the woman who best represents Oktoberfest Brisbane's finest qualities and testing the strength and barrel-balancing skills of our toughest men.
This year’s Oktoberfest tent is 80m x 25m in size and will be adorned with Bavarian colours and traditional German décor which includes wreaths in the ceiling that are three metres in diameter and tables and benches that are exactly the same as those used in Munich.
• Fresh spit-roasted chickens
• Pork hocks with crackling prepared in true Bavarian style
• Pretzels baked fresh around the clock
• A delicious variety of wood-fired sausages
• Plus numerous other German cakes and desserts
As part of the package, guests will enjoy allocated tables and seating, special food offerings, commemorative souvenirs and dedicated hospitality.
October: 8, 9 & 10 and 15, 16 & 17Show dates
Friday 4pm - midnight, Saturday11am - midnight, Sunday 11am - 8pm
Parking and Transportation Trains: 10 minute walk to Bowen Hills & Brunswick Street stations. Buses: Access surrounding streets regularly. Parking: RNA Showgrounds, $10 per day.
Friday and Sunday = $15 pp 18 +; Saturday = $20 pp 18+
Entry inc food stalls, beer garden and the Oktoberfest tent.
Tickets are now available through Ticketek, with a percentage of every ticket going to Brisbane charity Youngcare.